To find and aid people in distress. To assist law enforcement agencies with evidence searches.
To provide tracking/trailing, air scent and specialty search dog teams trained for effective and efficient canine search in support of the King County Sheriff's Special Operations Unit for search operations in the following areas:
- Missing persons search - both wilderness and urban settings.
- To assist with the location of drowning victims.
- To locate deceased victims.
- To locate articles of evidence at a crime scene.
- To locate victims in rubble in case of fire or natural disasters.
- To locate victims after an avalanche.
- Develop and train a professional group of canine handlers trained in multiple disciplines for search.
- Develop and present training programs in specialty search areas.
- Train all handlers in search procedures.
- Develop and implement a unit leadership program.
©2007 King County Search Dogs. All rights reserved